Vaughan Woods is open to the public from dawn to dusk with the following guidelines for use:
- Schools and organized groups must register prior to visiting the Woods
- Groups should be no larger than 12 people
- Motorized vehicles, bicycles, fires, camping, firearms, hunting and nighttime use are prohibited
- Dogs must be leashed at all times, and dog waste must be carried out
- Removal of natural and cultural items such, as rocks or wildflowers, is strictly prohibited
- Park only in designated parking areas!
For the safety of all street side parking is prohibited. Those who park along the street or who are considered to be blocking the public way (e.g. sticking out into traffic) run the risk of being ticketed or towed.
- Weddings & other group events are not permitted
- Commercial use is not permitted
- Advertising the site without the express permission of Vaughan Woods & Historic Homestead is prohibited
Leave No Trace
- Leave what you find
Damaging, defacing, or removing natural objects deprives other visitors. Building structures and altering natural features spoils the wild feel of the preserve.
- Avoid moving rocks and downed logs
Moving rocks and logs disturbs important habitat in both the woods and the stream.
- Stay on maintained trails
Straying from the trail leads to soil erosion and habitat destruction.
- Carry out all trash and pet waste
Pet waste contains bacteria that is dangerous to human health and stream water quality.
For questions or to register your group call (207) 622-9831 or email firstname.lastname@example.org